How it all started
I have 9+ years working in the Graphic and Web Design space. Currently, I’m employed full-time with Community First Credit Union as a Web & Multi-Media Designer where I design and create websites and other creative assets that best represent the Your Neighbourhood Credit Union brand. I contribute graphic design and visual media experiences to the Marketing team to support the organizations brand, sales and culture.
I was born and raised in Sault Ste. Marie and have loved computers from a young age. Along my journey into computers I discovered a new passion which was graphic design. I have always had an eye for design and would think of ways to improve small local business websites. I stayed up many late nights learning everything I could about graphic design and web design. After months of practice I decided to promote my skills to make extra money after high school by starting my own graphic design business. Little did I know this would lead me into my career and biggest passion to date. I love keeping up to date with new and emerging trends. I find it very rewarding to learn new skills that will continue to take my abilities and knowledge to the next level.
I look forward to the next challenge and an opportunity to join OLG’s team of creative minds. I believe that my skills and knowledge align perfectly with the job description and can’t wait to discuss this opportunity further.
Senior Graphic Design Specialist
Why I’m the right fit
I have experience in creating digital and print assets spanning from digital advertising to traditional advertising. I have created assets from a single Facebook post image to a large scale billboard marketing campaign. I always demonstrate best practices and adhere to brand standards while contributing creative suggestions. I have preformed A/B testing on different ads and landing pages during my time in Wawa as well as at Community First Credit Union to determine the best preforming assets. Not only do I have in depth knowledge on graphic design, but I also have a programming background which allows me to communicate effectively with Front End Developers and perform tasks that require HTML and CSS. As a Graphic Designer I frequently use tools such as; Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects while researching efficient programs to stay current with design and advertising trends. I believe that my biggest asset to OLG will be my passion to continue learning and my ability to collaborate with others to produce creative ideas.
Over the Years
Community First Credit Union
Web & Multi-media Designer
- Prepare and complete web design and creative work that represents the YNCU brand.
- Contribute graphic design and visual media experience to the Marketing team to support organizations brand, sales and culture objectives.
- A/B test assets and landing pages to create the best possible performing sales funnels.
Municipality of Wawa
- Collaborated with the Tourism Department to design imagery for traditional marketing campaigns as well as online campaigns and social media.
- Created promotional videos for marketing campaigns using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects and published them on multiple media platforms.
- Designed websites using Adobe XD and WordPress while following the AODA standards.
Veracity Asset Management
- Used the Salesforce platform to develop web applications using HTML and APEX programming languages.
- Collaborated with a team of developers to create development plans, test plans and implement the plans to meet business requirements.
- Preformed ongoing quality assurance testing to ensure that technical specifications were being met.
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Tested email marketing campaigns for clients using different mobile devices and operating systems.
- Tested the functionality of mobile applications and websites using different tools to ensure optimal performance.
- Created test plans and other documentation to record issues within a project and worked with developers on resolving the issues.
Algoma Public Health
Website Coordinator Intern
- Created classes to educate staff on the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and how to web content for optimal performance.
- Created and maintained heavy traffic websites based on the AODA standards.
- Collaborated with the Communications Officer to create engaging content for all social media channels.
- Defined business requirements and created wireframes based on those requirements for clients.
- Exported assets quickly and effectively for the Front End Developers.
Some of my favorite projects
YNCU ZEVIP Application
For this project I was asked to design a branded electric charging station for a ZEVIP application for Your Neighbourhood Credit Union. Not only did I get to design the charging station itself, I also got to create some fun branded social ad mockups on charging etiquette. Most of this project was created in Adobe Photoshop which is also my second favourite Adobe product to work with.
The Neighbourhood Network™ Website Design
The Neighbourhood Network™ is a upcoming project that I have been working on at Your Neighbourhood Credit Union. The Network is going to be a collaborative website where members can go to get free financial information as well as a hub for community initiatives currently going on for all the credit unions involved. This project is still in its design / prototype phase however I was able to create a mockup using Adobe XD. The website will be using WordPress for the backend CMS.
Plant & Simple Brand Design
Plant & Simple came to me needing help with branding and logo design. This project was fun for me as they gave me a lot of control over the finished product. For the logo I knew I wanted to keep it simple, I decided to use a leaf shape to form what looks like a person meditating. I decided to use a color palette that represented the earthy tones that you will find out in nature. I also create a mark that could be used and recognized on its own or could be used in a full logo like the image on the right.